Constructing Experience:
How Life Can Trigger Meaning and more questions than answers

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What I can't be when I grow up

INCIDENT:
I was on a transcontinental flight recently. It was a completely full flight. I felt like cattle. Anyhow, these days it seems like every single person avoids checking in luggage. So you can imagine that with a full flight there was a lot of luggage. And as I was watching people put their baggage in the overhead compartment, I realized that I could never be a flight attendant. I don't know how they deal with the public all the time and in such a stressful situation. But also how do they deal with all of these people that are so spatially challenged? It is painful to watch. People manage to place their luggage in the most inefficient ways.

MORAL:
I never noticed that the measure of the general population's spatial ability is incredibly evident in the mundane task of storing baggage on an airline flight. But what I find funny is that it bothers me... a lot. And I'm not sure why.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cayenne said...

I have a similar frustration with people's inability to arrange sheets and towels in linen closets. scary! all i can say is...embrace the "j-ness", embrace it!

4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home