Constructing Experience:
How Life Can Trigger Meaning and more questions than answers

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Misrepresented

INCIDENT:
Throughout my neuroscience and architecture journey there have been articles written about the naivete of our inquiry. They have questioned the premise of using neuroscience as the foundation for discovery and have wondered why we have not looked at psychology instead. While others have made the blanket assumption that we lack real knowledge of neuroscience or that the journalists have correctly interpreted our statements.

MORAL:
It is incredibly frustrating to be misrepresented especially with anything that you deeply believe in. Each person will have their own interpretation of how an new initiative should be advanced. With any idea, people will come with their own solution or perspective. What is frustrating is that when criticism about one person's beliefs is generalized over all of the people who share a similar (but not the same) belief, we all get hurt. And while my inclination is to run out and shout from the rooftops that this should not be applied to me or to a select group of others, I realize that addressing every misrepresentation is simply not possible. All that I can rely on is the knowledge that I am always consistent in my statements, that a personally pursue sound science, and that I acknowledge my shortcomings.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cayenne said...

right on, MT!

9:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home