Constructing Experience:
How Life Can Trigger Meaning and more questions than answers

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sore and really sore

INCIDENT:
It has been two months since I moved and during that time I didn't workout once. Considering that my routine is all out of whack and I can't seem to find any stability in my schedule, I thought that I should start by working out again. While searching for a gym with heavy bags (there are none), I stumbled upon a small boxing gym. While I am not too hot on the name, I am in quite a bit of pain, which means that it's working. They say in boxing that pain is weakness leaving the body. And apparently I have a lot of weaknesses to let go.

MORAL:
I have been trying to restore aspects of my life here that were part of my daily routine back in SD. It makes the move a bit easier when I feel like there is still some consistencies and everything is not completely novel. It is very easy to fall into a funk, but by reintroducing some regularities into my life perhaps I can be less preoccupied with the way things were and focus more on what they could be.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I understand the need for consistency...it took me a good three months in NYC before I found some things to keep me grounded. I'm crossing my fingers that you find some things that will help you settle in :)

7:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home