Constructing Experience:
How Life Can Trigger Meaning and more questions than answers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Postcards from Yo Momma

INCIDENT:
In honor of mother's day, I thought I would do a little tribute to moms. And when I came across this great website where people post hilarious emails from their moms, I thought it was pretty entertaining. It is also reassuring that we all have really awesome moms. And really awesome moms combined with all the high jinks related to learning how to use the internet machine equals a good time.

Postcards from Yo Momma

One of my favorite posts is this one:
April 30, 2008
the fun never ends

Just wanted to say hi. I know you’re probably busy getting caught up at work after last week. I hope you enjoyed the plays. Did you get the movie I sent you? Today is our 31st anniversary. We are eating leftovers for dinner, and I was bit by a dog this morning. I’m not foaming at the mouth, so far. The fun never ends. Love, Mom

MORAL:
Do you ever think that only you have crazy interactions with your mom? Well apparently you are not alone. I have to admit that while it is sometimes frustrating, it is also incredibly endearing. The little quirks about our relationships with our moms are what also make that relationship very special.

So on mother's day, I would like to thank my mom for everything she has given to my life. Despite some tense moments lately, you have filled my life with joy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home