Constructing Experience:
How Life Can Trigger Meaning and more questions than answers

Monday, May 05, 2008

Mad Magazine

INCIDENT:
Growing up did you ever read Mad Magazine? You know with Alfred E. Neumann ("Me worry?")... and Spy vs. Spy... and of course the fold-in on the back cover! That was usually the first thing that I did when I read Mad. Maybe because it was interactive... who knows. So how exciting is it that the New York Times online has made fold-ins from the 1960s to present available electronically?!


MORAL:
Seeing the fold-ins from the 1960s, I am realizing how the content of the fold-ins were really political and how that probably went over my head when I was reading it in junior high. So it is interesting to revisit the fold-ins through time to see how the political climate has also changed.

Enjoy the magic of electronic Mad Magazine and the embedded message that gives it a whole new level of meaning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home