Constructing Experience:
How Life Can Trigger Meaning and more questions than answers

Monday, October 16, 2006

Reunion

INCIDENT:
It was my 10 year reunion this past weekend. Of course I wish there was a better turn out, but I was really excited to see everyone and check out the craziness that is going on at my high school. It sure is a completely different world from when I was in high school.

MORAL:
Reunions make you wonder... if you don't keep in touch with someone, is there a reason? Do reunions just create awkward situations for people to reconnect with old classmates that we weren't close to to begin with? I can understand this mentality. Why waste time on people who don't put in any effort into maintaining a relationship? What is the use? If neither person is getting anything out of the non-relationship or whatever you want to call it then why bother?

I personally love reunions. I think it is because I am an overly sentimental person. Everyone that I encounter through my life plays a part in shaping the person that I have become... and that creates a connection that transcends time. This is why I have trouble letting go...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home